12/02/2017

Asik-Asik Falls: Gem of Sox

Some things, you know, will only happen once.

After this beaut made its way to tourism on 2011, Asik-Asik Falls has never been quiet, but once you're there, either you can't shut up about how beautiful it is or you can't speak for the same reason.

Asik-Asik or Dulao falls, as what the locals call it, existed long before it became a tourist destination. Residents used to do their laundry by the stream despite the exhaust of long trek. I jokingly asked the Ales there, "paano po pag nakalimutan nyo ang sabon?" and they responded "ay babalikan talaga namin ma'am". I can't even imagine. I don't even want to go back there because I might get asthma attack or collapse--why I know this experience will only happen once, but I don't regret anything. You won't too, I promise. 

[deleted]...From Midsayap proper, we headed to Alamada via Libungan, we were riding a van so it took us only about an hour to get there. Some blogs would warn that the trip to the spot is bouncy-ful but that was then, now the road is clear, making it accessible to any vehicle. 

[Guide from Midsayap to the spot]


Once you reach the destination, by which I mean the arrival area and the tourist desk, there will be shops that sell bottled water (and other drinks), cup noodles, pastil (rice topped with ground chicken meat), and RTWs all sold for surprisingly affordable prices so don't bother bargaining. The comfort rooms are not yet quite established though, you have to pay five pesos for using it (10 if you're going to take a bath). 

The entrance fee is just 30php/person which is more than worthy, lol except the hagu part. In order to reach the falls, you will be taking 776 steps down but I suggest you take it slow or else your legs will be shookt once you're there. The best time to be there is while the sun is just rising up, I just don't have any idea if they allow tourists to stay the night on the place, but I think they do because it would be draining to climb back up within just few hours like what we had experienced. 

To everyone who reads and plans to go there, imagine going down and climbing up the same path. If you think you can, go on. Asik Asik is not for the faint-hearted. This was the mistake I overlooked, so don't tell me I haven't reminded you enough. Anyway, I had a good time. Peace Out!

So this is how it looks like:

[the first few steps down to the main spot]

[view from above]

We haven't seen any form of water from here, but we can hear the splashing of the falls. It seemed like a quest to find the body of water to quench our thirsty souls except the fact that we brought bottled water with us.

After the 776 steps, you will be welcomed by a mossy forest for a short walk and the sound of the splash becomes stronger and stronger that excites you more (or is it just me?).


[the stream from nowhere. strong current, freezing water]

I can't possibly describe how cold the water was so I'll quote the guys lol. According to them, the moment they submerged themselves into the water, the first thing that came to their mind was "maka-kupos itlog ang kalamig". And I'm going to leave that there. lmao


[sneak peak: all the weariness has disappeared because of this view]



[mind blowing: Asik-Asik Falls]




Upon seeing it up close I felt like a kid inside, the same feeling I had when I first saw a real panda. Then I thought, "God, this will be the first and the last time I'm going to see this view", which I know is a fact because. Just because.

The water from the falls is safe for drinking so make sure you refill your water bottles to have something to energize you in going back up. 

If I'm going to describe the falls in just one word, there would be no other word than "magical".

While writing this, I came across a blog title about Asik-Asik falls adventure and I don't know how to react about it so to close this post, I'm going to quote it from lovemindanao(dot)com, once and for all, "Asik Asik Falls Is Not For The Virgins!". That's what 'they' wrote.


photos shot using iPhone 5
video to follow

xx, gayle

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento